I have been procrastinating regarding this post, coz I did not have any idea or words to spit out on how well done the PreWed Shoot went.
So as I mentioned earlier, I had my shoot done on Good Friday Hols..it started on hiccups as my friend turn our transporter for the day woke up late and thus itinerary was lagged by 1/2 hour back. Instead of meeting everyone at 930 am at Arab st, we arrived at 1030 am, with my photographer in tow! Luckily I have a tendency to add in buffer time of predicted lateness.. hehehe
Make sure everyone is well fed before we began the photoshoot. It was loads of fun! Agrobazaar was really cool and despite being a small retail/cafe area, the crowd started coming in like past noon. It is usually quiet but unexpectedly customers start entering when we were busy carrying out the photoshoot.. Glad we attracted that kind of attention for them. Since I had my cousins in tow, i always have to keep them entertained so I had to spend a dime on food and drinks to occupy them…
I had to steal the photos from my trusted photographer to show what a GREAT job he has done!!
So Nifty Degree is whom we have hired for our wedding photographer.. I am still in awe at how nice he has captured all these wonderful moments. Elfean from Nifty Degree worked professionally and make us feel at ease.. Of coz his comments were we gave him helleva fun time shooting us, the most gile gile couple..
So after 1/2 day at arab st we proceed to botanic gardens where we had alot of natural lighting and greenery to play with! Dempsey hills for aircon and ice cream break plus more shots!
I am still patiently waiting for all my photos to be transferred to me! I seriously cannot duduk diam because all the shots were super nice!
* Taken from phone! see the difference of a professional and my miserable bro-in-law camera shot…
Anyways, wardrobe and makeup is Urs Truly. No rental of baju, no hiring of MUAs because I was that cheapskate.I did my home-made curls the night before, makeup early in the morning. Shoes, props are all on my own.
So if you are planning a outdoor shoot, and its all DIY like me! here are the tips i would recommend:
Pre Day Shoot
1) Research on the locations you are shooting
2) If it is some indoor location, seek approval if there is a need to, 1 month in advance
– get all the necessary location contacts, email approvals
3) Ensure a vehicle is arranged to transport yourself, fiancee, cameraman, people involved
– I had my friend who had a van to help us on that day. We got everyone transported together
4) Set an itinerary with timings and bufferings
– Includes travelling time
– the period of estimated time for photography in one location
– buffering time for predicted extensions, late arrival, traffic jams, getting lost
– break times for meals/solat
5) Provide Plan B locations for Wet Weather Programme
6) Inform your photographer the theme of the shoot
– Explain your ideas well, provide some idea photos to the photographer so that they can prepare well
– Tell them your itinerary a week before the day, clarify doubts if need to
7) Imagine the locations of shoot, select your wardrobe and planned them including your other people who are involved in the photoshoot.
– Prepare at least 2 outfits if you have multiple locations
– Prepare different shoes to suit places, I had flats and heels combo
8) Open a Whatsapp Grp Chat to communicate with all involved.
That’s all I have covered it so far for my PreWed Shoot!! Hope you guys have yours planned out as fun as well…coz I certainly did and it is my first activity to the wedding..superbly exciting and it is a surreal feeling..
I can’t stop thanking these people who have helped with our PreWed Shoot. I had some of the Akrab Boys helping as assistants, OUR Awesome Photographer, my videoman were there to capture certain moments. Our wonderful superdriver for the day, without his van and him, i cannot imagine how do we even go about with this outdoor shoot….my lovely cousins and of coz Mr A for being fun as you are!!
I seriously wanna go through these fun moments again…..Alhamdullilah…